1 whole chicken, cut into 8-10 pieces
500 ml water
2 bay leaf
2 lime leaf
1 stalk of lemongrass, crushed the white part
4 candle nut
3 cm turmeric
1 cm ginger
5 garlic clove
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1. Blend the candle nut, garlic, shallot, turmeric, and ginger in a food processor add a bit of water if needed.
2. Rub the chicken with the spice paste until all is covered with the spice paste.
3. Put the chicken in a pan add some water and cook until the all the liquid is almost gone.
4. Deep fried the chicken in a frying pan until crisp and golden.
5. Serve immediately over rice.