To make 6
200 g rice, washed
2000 ml water
1 ½ teaspoon salt
100 g sweet potatoes, peeled, and diced 1×1 cm
100 g pumpkin, peeled and diced 1×1 cm
300 fresh corn kernels
50 g spinach, washed
25 g Thai basil, washed
50 g water spinach, washed
150 g salty dried stock fish, cut into ½ cm cube and fried until crispy
For the sambal:
4 red chilies, thinly sliced
6 Thai chilies, thinly sliced
4 shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
1 red tomato, diced ½ cm x ½ cm
2 tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon salt
1. To make the sambal, put all the sambal ingredients is a bowl and mix them well.
2. Cook the water rice and salt in a pan until it is half cooked.
3. Add the sweet potatoes, pumpkin, and corn kernels, stir. Cook until all is tender.
4. Add the remaining vegetable, stir carefully until all is done the porridge thicken.
5. Pour the porridge in a bowl and sprinkle with the dried salty fish.
6. Serve immediately with the sambal.