600 g sea bass head
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoon oil
5 bilimbi, cut into ½ cm
1 teaspoon tamarind
3 bay leaves
2 stalk of lemongrass, crushed the white part
5 cm galangal, peeled and crushed
5 cm ginger, peeled and crushed
1 tomato, diced
100 g long beans, cut into small pieces
500 ml coconut milk
500 ml water
For the spice paste:
5 garlic clove
5 red chilies
3 cm turmeric
2 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1. Rub the fish head with some salt and lime juice. Keep in the fridge for 1 hour.
2. Blend shallot, garlic, red chillies, tomato, turmeric, coriander, salt and sugar in a food processor.
3. Heat the oil and fry the spice paste with medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add the bilimbi, tamarind, bay leaves, lemongrass, galangal, and ginger. Fry for another 1 minutes.
5. Add the water, coconut milk and the fish head. Let simmer until the liquid is only half left and it becomes oily.
6. Add the tomato and long beans, cook until tender.
7. Serve immediately with rice.