500 g beef, cubed
250 g potatoes, cut into 1 cm thick pieces
2 stalk of lemon grass, crushed
1 stick of cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ ground white pepper
1 teaspoon salt
100 ml sweet soy sauce
2-3 tablespoon of oil
4 clove of garlic
3 red chillies
3 candle nut
3 cm ginger
1 litre of water
1. Blend shallot, garlic, tomato, red chillies, candle nut, ginger in the food processor, and add some water if needed.
2. Fry the spice paste in hot oil until the aroma comes out.
3. Add the beef, lemon grass, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, white pepper, salt, and soy sauce.
4. Stir until the beef change colour.
5. Add the water, let simmer until the beef is tender.
6. Add the potatoes, wait until they become tender.
7. Serve with hot rice.