Ingredients for the chicken soup:
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces and boiled with 3 glass of water
5 eggs, hard boiled cut into wedges
2 potatoes, boiled and cut into wedges
2 cups of slices cabbage
2 cups of bean sprout
2 tablespoon fried shallot
2 cm galangal, crushed
1 stalk of lemongrass
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon ground white pepper
2 stick of spring onion, chopped
1 stick of celery, chopped
3 shallot clove
5 garlic clove
1 cm ginger, peeled
1 cm turmeric, peeled
5 candle nut
Ingredients for sambal soto:
5 Thai pepper, bolied
2 candle nut, fried
1. Blend the shallot, garlic, ginger, turmeric and candle nut paste in a food processor. Add some water if needed.
2. Pour some oil in a pot and add in the spice paste.
3. Stir the spice paste and wait for it to turn light brown.
4. Add in chicken broth, lemongrass, and galangal.
5. Once the broth starts boiling, add in the chicken.
6. Cover the pot and lower the heat and simmer for 30 – 40 minutes.
7. Add sugar, ground white pepper and salt to taste.
8. Take a bowl and arrange the egg, bean sprout, potatoes, and chicken.
9. Pour the spicy chicken broth.
10. Sprinkle with fried shallot, spring onion, celery, and add in some lime juice.
11. Blend the Thai pepper and candle nut in a food processor.
12. Pour some hot chicken broth into the Thai pepper paste.
13. Serve with rice.