1 ½ kg beef rib, cut into 6-8 pieces
4 liter water
3 tablespoon oil
6 lime leaves
2 stalk of lemongrass, crushed the white part
3 cm galangal, peeled and crushed
2 bay leaf
1 stick of cinnamon
50 g fried peanuts
6 red chilies
5 garlic clove
2 black nut (keluwek), soaked in water (make sure they are not bitter)
3 teaspoon coriander
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon clove
½ teaspoon nutmeg
3 stalk of spring onion, thinly sliced
1 lime, cut into 8 small pieces
1. Boil the rib until half cooked.
2. Blend the fried peanut, red chilies, shallot, garlic, black nut, coriander, salt, pepper, clove, nutmeg, and sugar in a food processor.
3. In medium heat fry the spice paste for 2 minutes.
4. Add the lime leaves, lemongrass, galangal, bay leaves, and cinnamon. Stir.
5. Add the spice paste into the rib broth, cook until the rib are tender.
6. Sprinkled with spring onion.
7. Serve with rice and lime.