4 tablespoon oyster sauce
5 tablespoon tomato sauce
150 ml seafood stock (we can use water used for boiling the crab)
1 teaspoon white pepper
½ teaspoon salt
2 stalk of spring onion, sliced
½ onion, sliced
1 tablespoon sugar
2 bay leaves
3 lime leaves
1000 ml water
3 tablespoon oil
1 egg, beaten
5 shallot, peeled
5 garlic clove, peeled
5 red chilies, leave the seed if you like it hot
2 cm ginger
1 cm turmeric
3 candle nut
1. Wash the crab and boil them in a pan until they change color into orange.
2. Pull the claws from the crab and crack them. Pull off the top of the shell and discard. Remove the spongy, finger-like gills. Cut the body into quarters.
3. Blend the shallot, garlic, red chilies, ginger, turmeric, and candle nut in a food processor.
4. Heat some oil and fry the spice paste with onion, bay leaves, add lime leaves for 2 minutes.
5. Add the crab and all the remaining ingredients, including the beaten egg. Turn the heat down a little and cooked until the sauce becomes thick.
6. Serve immediately with rice.